We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egyptian pounds back to Dollars

Imperial, MO
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Egyptian pounds back to Dollars

I've searched and couldn't find my answer. I was wondering if I will have any problems converting Egyptian pounds back into American dollars when my trip is over? Will those banks at the Cairo airport do that for me?

Aswan, Egypt
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Egyptian pounds back to Dollars

No problem at all to do that but if you will buy dollars, then they will give you 1 dollar = 5.57 LE

But if you sold dollars, they will do it 1dollar=5.55LE

Thats all

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egyptian pounds back to Dollars

Mohamed is correct, you can simply buy back your dollars, and loose a little on the rate.

It is for sure possible to do this at the airport, but they are supposed to request an official exchange receipt to be shown.

I was in a hotel bank at the weekend, and the lady I was with exchanged Euros, the man told her that she could exchange them back again to Euros if she had too much.

Regards

Wendy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Egyptian pounds back to Dollars

Yes, you can change whatever money you have back into dollars without problems and I can even claim that you do not need to have a receipt indicating that you had got them from a bank. Though, keep it with you just in case. Some countries require it (I understand Egypt doesn't, but again just in case)

4. Re: Egyptian pounds back to Dollars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Cairo