We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Dinner on the Nile...

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
55 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Dinner on the Nile...

Can anyone advice us about such Dinners

is it romantic?

anything u can help us in ...

thank you guys..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Dinner on the Nile...

It has been a while since I did that or knew somebody doing it, so maybe somebody else could give hand with this.

But what I know is:

Timing. Dinner trips usually start around 9 PM and last for two hours.

Cost, varried from one boat to the other depending on standard, but the latest price I heard was in 2004 about 100 euros per head in the Grand Hayyat boat which is amongst the very best.

Value: Only you could judge this, depending on what your personal taste is, but I cannot remember meeting anybody who wouldn't love the idea.

Romantic?? well, not really although it shoul;d be but the usual entertainment program that comes with ut including belly dancing and other things like Nubian dance and russian shows and that sort of thing makes it too noisy for any romance. Most tourists like the entertainment provided. I find it noisy, but don't take my word for that.

Almost all boats do lunch cruises from 2-4 pm which usually do not include any entertainment and I would consider those romantic.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Dinner on the Nile...

Here is a link to an old post which was resently updated with the new prices for such dinner cruises :

That was easier for me me that writing it all again !

There are several other boats of course, but the 3 mentioned are the most popular with visitors as far as I know.

Agree that it is not really romantic, but it is a good evening out and a nice combination, meal, cruise and local entertainment.

If you want to be on the Nile but on a moving boat, you could also consider Nile City and Le Pasha.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Dinner on the Nile...

Correction :)

But "not" on a moving boat.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
54 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Dinner on the Nile...

We had dinner on the Nile City (not moving boat)last week which cost about 60EP each (we only drank water). It was full of Egyptians. Food was pretty standard Egyptian food of a reasonable quality and quantity and not bad value for money.

Not sure about romantic as we had our two sons with us but could be I suppose.

5. Re: Boat Dinner on the Nile...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 18:18