We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bombing Cairo!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Bombing Cairo!

I just got back. Does this change your plans?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,332 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bombing Cairo!

Hi,

Have only been online a short while today & have noriced several closed threads on this topic; no doubt this one will also be closed.

I have read that folk are puzzled as to why the threads are being closed.TA's rules (whether the moderator agrees or not) are that anything reporting disasters, tragedies, missing children (eg Maddie MaCann)are not suitable posts for the forum. They oftenb close posts with such a post from the admin, however, I see that's not happened this time.

I'm merely stating TA guidlelines so plz don't shoot the messenger.

If anyone feels they wish to discuss this with the moderators, plz email them at forumsupport@tripadvicor.com or PM on of the mods for further clarification.

(P.S. I recently returned from Cairo too & it wouldn't deter me from returning.)

Regards

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,347 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bombing Cairo!

We are leaving for Cairo on the 20th March, then on to Jordan and Syria in April. I live in London and nothing short of civil war or major rioting would deter me from this trip.

The security in Egypt is very tight (certainly more than in the States where I have seen large bags left unattended at the Miami Airport Starbucks for well over an hour. At Heathrow they would have been removed and blown up much much sooner) and I just can't see giving in to a few people who want to stop tourism and get some publicity.

On the other hand, crossing the road in Cairo does scare me!