We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving early in the morning

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
arriving early in the morning

Hi,

I will be arriving in Cairo at 3:50 a.m. from Frankfurt, will there be taxis or buses outside the arrival hall to take me to my hotel? How much would it cost to get a taxi to a downtown hotel?

How fast will I be able to clear customs?

How much does it cost to get a multi entry visa? I was thinking of also going to Dubai and then flying out of Egypt.

Thank you.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving early in the morning

the airport work 24/7 so do not worry , all day there are taxis and limosines outside of the airport for rental, but you have to bargain with them just to get a good rate, and if you want peace of mind then book the blue cab, it is highly recommended by many people here in the forum, you can book online at www.thebluecab.com

to finish regulations at airport it all count if there are so many flights arriving at same time, so it all depend on the luck and the airport schedule

regarding multientrance visa you muse contact the egyptian consulate on your own country

wish you nice trip

Ahmed

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving early in the morning

the airport work 24/7 so do not worry , all day there are taxis and limosines outside of the airport for rental, but you have to bargain with them just to get a good rate, and if you want peace of mind then book the blue cab, it is highly recommended by many people here in the forum, you can book online at www.thebluecab.com

to finish regulations at airport it all count if there are so many flights arriving at same time, so it all depend on the luck and the airport schedule

regarding multientrance visa you must contact the egyptian consulate on your own country

wish you nice trip

Ahmed

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving early in the morning

Its better for you to use www.thebluecab.com. Even if you found taxis out of the airport, you will suffer from haggling in prices.

Regards,

4. Re: arriving early in the morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 07:22