We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights on Egypt Air

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Flights on Egypt Air

I heard when booking Egypt Air ( domestic flights) if i put country of origin Egypt the flights are less expensive ?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

Definitely correct, doesn't work for everyone though. If it does work, then you should definitly do it. You will then have an E-ticket.

Good Luck.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

On most flights it should work.

England
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

It's true as the Egytptian people earn a lot less than many and the cost for flights reflects that. Hotels also have different price lists for non nationals.The Egyptair website can be very annoying though as it often refuses payment at the end and then the price goes up everytime you try! persistance and patience are the qualities you require!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

Thank you all

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

It seems a bit weird that poeple can just put Egypt as their country, and then get it cheaper. Why don't they actually check that the email they send the tickets to, is actually an Egyptian one? It seems too easy to save money that way. Poeple pick upon such things quicker than flies on .... , and in no time 99% of all consumers will use that tip - meaning lots of lost cash for Egypt air.

Recently I bought roundtrip tickets Sharm - Cairo for 2 adults and 2 kids. I bought them a month beforehand and paid £160. I had heard the "tip" about saving money, and also I could'nt find My own homecountry(Denmark), so I thought: Well, We're flying FROM egypt TO Egypt so I put that in.

Some problems occured, I did'nt recieve the tickets as planned, and tried contacting their web support in Sharm. I did'nt get an answer, so I had to call their Brussels office to sort it out.

I talked to the account manager from their Financial Dept. Mr. Ahmed. One of the first thing he asked, when trying to locate how/why a problem had occured was:"Did You put Egypt as Country or International"?

"C..p", I thought, "they have discovered My little "scam", that's why the tickets did'nt come through.

But then he continued, that it did'nt matter at all really, what country i put in - it was purely done due to statistics and for advertisingreasons(So they can direct their advertising to certain nationalities).

Don't know if it's true though, but it sounds reasonable, since they do nothing to confirm that poeple actually are Egyptian residents, and therefore "allowed" a "lower" rate.

I ended up getting the tickets - I find Egyptairs, and in particular Mr. Ahmeds costumerservice, simply outstanding.

I don't know for sure, but it's just sounds WAY to easy, that one can save anything like that.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

I queried with Egyptair in Luxor about using 'egypt' as your home country and they said exactly the same. They said it was for 'marketing' reasons.

I have flew with Egyptair around 6 times now and always book putting 'egypt' as my home country and found the saving to be quite good.

The more money I save the more spends I can take there!

Karen

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

I'll try put in Biaffra or Ethiopia next time - with their middle income they must be able to contract tickets for a kilo of rice and 10 pence!

Ferbane,Republic Of...
Level Contributor
746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

Agree with k. The price I was quoted last year came up cheaper when I put Egypt as location. What a strange sense of humour !!!

Ferbane,Republic Of...
Level Contributor
746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

JensenDK that is ..........

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights on Egypt Air

I think you will find that Biafra only existed very briefly in the sixties so you will not get any tickets that way, also as it had the worlds 5th largest oil reserves they may have wanted slightly more than a kilo of rice for it :)