We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel By Car from Cairo to Hurghada

Airdrie Alberta...
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel By Car from Cairo to Hurghada

I will be spending one month in Egypt next Feb. Part of our trip includes a tour in a private Car from Cairo to Hurghada. The Travel Company says it is a Five hour drive with some good scenery including the Desert, The Mountains, and the Red Sea. Has anyone driven on this route before and in fact is there good things to see for someone who has never seen the Egyptian Landscape before. Thanks.

Memphis Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours, Day Trips
Emo Tours Egypt
City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Ramasside Tours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel By Car from Cairo to Hurghada

I drove on this road before. You will find a great collection of mountains after arriving to the Red Sea road. But I should advise you to start from Cairo at about 6a.m.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
378 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel By Car from Cairo to Hurghada

We did it a public bus from El Quesir, 2 hours south of Hurgada!!! We had used drivers all through Egypt but wanted to try the bus just once and at $5 each it seemed like an adventure. It turned out to be very pleasant-people offered us snacks, the restaurants we stopped at were clean and the food good. Now to your question.

It may take a bit longer unless your driver is Mario Andretti!!!! Good advice to leave early. The one thing we regretted about using the bus for this leg of the trip was that we missed the Coptic monasteries which are a detour off the main road. I have heard that they are fascinating. There are two that are very interesting. As for the scenery,I wouldn't say it is jaw dropping but I hate airports:check-in, get luggage etc. so we didn't mind the trip.

3. Re: Travel By Car from Cairo to Hurghada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:18