We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

north east england
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

Hi, We will be staying at the Mena house in October and I know that we can walk to the pyramids from there, but can we walk from there to these other sites?

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,915 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

I wouldn't personally recommend it. North Saqqara is roughly 20kms south of Giza pyramids. There are people who have rode a camel there and back from Giza...sore bottoms for a few days after methinks!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

No the Sakkara Pyramids are NOT at a walking distance from the Mena House.

England
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

Personally speaking its hard to walk any great length in Egypt, and I certainly wouldnt recommend it. I would always always use a guide or at the very least a taxi service to take me places. That way you wont get lost, wont get into any trouble, and wont exhaust yourself in the heat.

YS

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

i agree with the above comments walking there would be an endurance test!..lol but i think you could do a camel or a horse trek there ask at the hotel or see one of the many local travel agents?....good luck...tammy

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

from the Pyramids avenue till the area of Sakkara is about 18 Kilometers, while till you go to Dahshur it is an additional 15 kilometers, so do you think is a walking distance?! it is not possible at all.

Stafford
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

When we stayed at the Mena house, the in-hotel travel agents booked us a car & driver & excellent guide to take us to Saqquara and Memphis. For the four of us it worked out at a very reasonable price, and allowed us to choose where went, and how long we spent doing it.

7. Re: can one walk from the pyramids at giza to saqqara and dashur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 05:17