We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Egpyptian pounds at 1:00am in Cairo Airport

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, D>C>
Level Contributor
85 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Egpyptian pounds at 1:00am in Cairo Airport

We are arriving at 1:00am in Cairo with only Euros and USD. How easy is it to get EL at that time for a taxi ride to our hotel. Also, does the bank give the best exchange rate for cash using a debit card?

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Egpyptian pounds at 1:00am in Cairo Airport

Shouldn't be a problem since you get your visa at the same place where you change money. The rate in the banks in the airport will be the same or more or less the same as you will find in any bank in Cairo on that day.

You will not be able to use your debit card in the bank, but there are cash-machine(s) as well.

Louise

Arizona
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Egpyptian pounds at 1:00am in Cairo Airport

No problem exchanging your money late at night. The bank at the airport will exchange your money. I do the same thing when i arrive in Egypt. Hopefully they have not change their policy as I always get my visa and money change at the airport.

3. Re: Getting Egpyptian pounds at 1:00am in Cairo Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 06:17