We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Topic
Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

I have been e-mailing with Mohamad Amer for about a month. We finally decided on the April 28th sailing from Luxor on the Oberoi Philae. I paid my deposit. I booked my non-refundable air tickets ($1400 USD). I receive an e-mail from him tonight that says it is a chartered sailing and I can not sail on this date. We discussed this in numerous, numerous e-mails before it was booked and he assured me it was available.

WHAT DO I DO??????????

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

I'm sure they'll find an alternative. Overbooking happens all the time and everywhere. It's a common problem in the tourism industry. At least the compay in concern was clear enough to inform you in good time about the problem and they didn't wait until 48 hours before your arrival to surprise you with the chocking news.

Have you paid any deposit to the company in concern OR have they sent you any official confirmation appoved by the ship with a payment request? If yes then they'll definitely book you on another ship with the same standard, if not better, and the same sailing dates.

CHEERS

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

I have a form from them says says "Your transaction is successfully completed." Payment Data Amount.$$$$ Authorization code 34234

and the time.

So, the recieved the deposit. Now, I just have to see what else they can do. If they offer me a different ship, i.e. I'm on the Oberoi Philae and they offer me the Oberoi Zahra, do I have to pay the price difference? I couldn't afford the Zahra to start with, or I would have booked it.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

As long as you've agreed on the itinerary and you paid a deposit then I'm sure that the company will provide you with a turn away alternative free of extra charges.

CHEERS

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

I just received a message from Mohammed Amer. I paid $2000 USD for the Oberoi cruise. He told me he could put me on the Zahra, but the price would be $11,200 USD.

Now what????????????????

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

$11,200? I'd get straight back & queery this $9,200 difference. That's more than I paid for 2 X adults & 2 X children on my honeymoon cruise; & we went 5 star, private excursions & transfers all the way. Sounds very much like a typo.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

He said it was $800 per person, per night for 7 nights. $5600 USD per person equals $11,200.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

The Oberoi web-site shows the same price.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

The price of the Oberoi Zahra is indeed very expensive. The Oberoi Zahra is the most exclusive cruise ship on the Nile. I would say it's the Rolls Royce of the Nile. Yes you can check the prices on the ship official website and the prices are indeed very high, similar to tghe ones you get from your company.

CHEERS

9. Re: Memphis tours----UUGGHH--now what do I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:19