We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo Airport Terminals info

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo Airport Terminals info

Hi All

Can you please advise how many terminals are there at the airport and the distance between them? Is it walkable between terminals? Also International Egypt air flights are from which terminal and local Egyptair flights are from which terminal.

All information is appreciated. Thankyou.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

There are 3 terminals at Cairo International Airport, but they are some distance apart; most people seem to report using a taxi/bus fvor inter-terminal transfers.

However, if you are arriving on an Egyptair international flight & transfering to a domestic service, then you don't need to worry, as all Egyptair flights arrive & depart from, the new, Terminal 3; as do those of their Star Alliance partner airlines, such as BMI & Lufthansa.

The only thing to bear in mind is that you will need to clear immigration upon arrival at Cairo, before entering the domestic departures area.

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Thank you for the information.

England
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

There are free buses that take you between terminals...not that frequent though, some every half hour.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

sc ...

we just returned a few weeks back from Egypt ... yes all Egyptair whether international or domestic is Terminal 3 .... spanking new compared to the chaotic other terminals .

The runway section of this terminal is huge .... the plane taxis for more than 15 minutes even after landing .... and the bus ride from the plane to the terminal is another 10 minutes or so.

One thing to remember while departing .... there are no great Souvenir shops or egyptology bookshop in the duty free area in T 3.

Wirral, Liverpool...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Hi GParryManchester

As I understand one has to go through immigrationat Cairo airport. In fact you have to take the visa upon landing in Cairo airport.

As I am traveling to Luxor via Cairo, do I have to pick also my cases and recheck them or can I check them in say from Manchester and pick them in Luxor?

Have you done this trip?

Thanks for any info

Poca (Wirral)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Is Cairo - Luxor a connecting flight??

If so, you dont need to re-check your bags, they will go straight to luxor, I always like to confirm though with the attendant checking us in.

If you would like them to be offloaded at luxor, you can also request this at check in.

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Sorry... but I would say that that is not correct... if the customs clearance is at Cairo then the luggage will be offloaded there and needs then to be checked back in for the domestic flight. I have known a case where someone's luggage was checked in all the way through to Sharm via Cairo from Europe but the luggage did not arrive as it was offloaded at Cairo for customs clearance.

Wirral, Liverpool...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Thanks for your answers Ciarogirl and Swissinai.... My flight is a connecting flight Cairo-Luxor. My travel agent tells me I can check in my luggages direct to Luxor (so I don't have to collect them in Cairo and re-check) but in all my travels in other countries(no Egypt) I had to collect luggages if I had to pass through immigration and then recheck my luggages for the connecting flight. It is Egypt Air flights both and arrive in terminal 3 and depart from terminal 3 for Luxor. I am concerned because I have also two friends traveling from Athens-luxor (connecting in Cairo for Luxor) and they don't speak a word of English so I should be able to tell them what to do. Egypt Air in UK are not sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have contradicting information so far!

Perhaps someone here has done the same trip recently and can come along and help me, please!

southeast
Level Contributor
323 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Hi Poca127470

I too am getting connecting flights from Cairo to Luxor for a Nile Cruise and would be interested to know how everything panns out

our travel agent has said we don't have to worry about our luggage but now I'd like to be sure, I'm not going untill Oct 2010 (only just booked ) but I'd still like an insight on what I need to do

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cairo Airport Terminals info

Well I have changed in Cairo many times and you certainly do need to reclaim your luggage and recheck it in. Don't believe anything else!!! Just stand by the carousel and your luggage will definitely come spinning through. In the past I have been caught by various check in clerks telling me that luggage will go straight through but it always has to be checked at first lanfall in a country - unless you are in transit to another country and don't leave airside at all.