We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Air London-Cairo

Kingsteignton...
Level Contributor
94 posts
440 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt Air London-Cairo

The website is pretty awful, can anyone tell me what you get, food, drink, seat back movies or nothing at all.

It just doesn't say on the web.

Thanks

England
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

Hi Devon

i have flown with them a couple of times, yes you do get all the normal stuff on an airline. they are not too bad actually, although their website is real hard at times to get information from

it also depends which flight you are taking out of london because some of the flights are actually operated by british midland, so you should check that out too. I think the morning ones are the british midland ones and the afternoon ones are egyptair themselves.

either way, they are just the same as your regular, no major frills, but not so basic airline.

YS

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,655 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

You don't get alcohol obviously

Else, as a yasmine-sarah says

Leg room is better than the chartered airlines like Monarch/Thomson

We now only book trips to Luxor or Cairo using them

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

When are you flying, as they are due to be retiring the aircraft they use on this route in the near future & are looking to introduce flat bed seats, in business class, & seat-back TVs for all passengers with their new equipment.

Let's know & I'll have a dig on the frequent flyer websites for the latest news.

Otherwise, having flown with them out of Heathrow, way back in 1998 & 2000, they weren't too bad (chicken or "meat", with rice, for the meal in economy) & the legroom was quite good.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,655 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

GParry

Usual warnings about it being Wiki, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir#Fleet shows details of their 'upgrade' plans.

Egyptair's fleet is relatively young, the earliest A330's having a first flight in 1996, with the majority being 2004/2005. Same dates for the Boeing 777's are 1997 and 2006-2009

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

you don't get seatback movies. They play a movie on a big screen and you get headphones. So, you don't get on demand IES.

However, they are punctual and the food has improved a lot in the past year and overall since they joined Star Alliance, they have improved.

You also arrive and depart from T3 in Cairo, which is quite nicer than the rest of the airport.

Finally, BMI code share its flights from LHR to Cairo with Egypt Air. So, you could always book with Egypt Air and fly on BMI operated flights which is better.

If you live in London, that would even a better idea coz BMI flight departs Heathrow at 9 am, so you arrive to Cairo earluer in the evening and you depart back in the evening, which Egypt air departs London at 3 pm and Cairo in the morning, so you almost lose a day when you fly with them from London.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

eLaRef:

Egyptair are looking at retiring their original 777s, starting in March/April of this year, with the A340s going in August. These are to be replaced with new, leased, aircraft; newer model 777s & more A330s, as both of the original types aren't as economical as their replacements.

The newer aircraft will be fitted with the upgraded interiors, so as to bring them into line with other Star Alliance airlines; though it must be said that there's been good reports on their current A330s; they use one of these for their LHR- Luxor service.

There's even been rumours that they are to ditch the no alcohol rule & could even be starting a Manchester - Cairo service. but I'll believe it when I see it (the latter would be great for me as it would save connecting in Paris, Frankfurt, Prague or Istanbul).

california
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

so for-real...no "adult beverages" ... going to be a LONG flight indeed! And any updated info (suggestions where to look for details) our flight is Cairo - JFK in June...thanks for any updates anyone has! Cheers,

8. Re: Egypt Air London-Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 05:15