We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with egypt, cruises and diving

Portugal
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help with egypt, cruises and diving

Hi! I am trying to plan a possible holiday in Egypt and have no clue where to start. But I am sure that this is the best place to start my search and ask for help.

My idea would be to combine a cruise which would take us to the pyramids and a little bit of diving. I am looking for good places and don’t mind paying for it. Any suggestions for cruises and places to stay? what would you do and where would you start? the restrictions are the dates: arriving on the 24th of April and have to be back on the 2nd of may (possible 1st to be home on the 2nd).

All the help will be welcome. I will be travelling with a 9 year old and a 12 year old.

All the help will be very welcome.

cairo
Level Contributor
483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with egypt, cruises and diving

There are many cruises in Egypt.Search the TA for Egypt cruises to read some reviews, then contact some tour agencies international or local to get some itineraries and qoutes.

Your tour will be 8 days 7 nights which is i think enough o see the must see places in Cairo, Luxor, And Aswan without diving, or

you can see Cairo, and Sharm El-sheikh for diving.

Portugal
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with egypt, cruises and diving

I have see the reviews of the four seasons in sharm el sheik and it sounds pretty good and has diving. So that could be a solution for that part of the trip.

Still, I would like to add the cruise of a few of days to get to see the historical sites. Any site you would suggest?

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with egypt, cruises and diving

I am not sure that I recommend a cruise with children, they are very adult based tours can start early (6 am) and the temples have very graphic images. We were on a cruise with a 10 year old girl and her parents and there were difficulties with the explanations being censored by an embarrassed Egyptian guide. My suggestion would be Cairo with pyramids and the Egyptian museum which is fantastic for children then Sharm el Sheik. I always stay at the Hilton Fayrouz B&B. For diving I suggest Emperor diving.

4. Re: Help with egypt, cruises and diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 06:16