We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Ramses

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Ramses

Hi

Can anyone tell me how the breakfast is at the Hilton Ramses and what variety there is?

Also what can i do near the hilton ramses at night, which does not involve bars or clubs?

What is the hotel like and do many people use the swimming pool at the hotel?

thanks

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Ramses

Breakfast consists of a hot & cold buffet:

Bulgar (cracked wheat) porridge), beef bacon, checken & beef sausages, various kinds of eggs (fried, scrambled, boiled, omelette bar), tomatos, breads (local aish & more "French "style), cereals, fruit, cheeses, cold cuts, Fuul, normally, ta'ameya, fresh juices (& karkarde), tea & coffee.

There's probably more items which I've simply forgotten, as it's a very extensive spread that they put on.

As for night life/evening activities, bearing in mind that I do tend to hang around in the pub, watching the football & joking with the staff, is something that I can't really advise too much on. There is a cinema, on the top floor, of the shopping annex &, if you like looking at lots of shoes & handbags, this contains another 6 floors of shops. It's a good place to buy Egyptian cotton bedding, - a lace trimmed double bed set, of duvet cover, fittted sheet & 4 pillowcases cost me roughly £40 last year. Cheaper & bettter quality than the local ASDA was selling.

If you decide to stay in the hotel, there's the Palm Court cafe, which serves tea, coffee, soft & alcholic drinks, snacks & sheeshas; which is located just off the reception area. This seems to be a popular place for people to just sit & chat whilst listening to the evening piano music (sometimes with someone singing arabic pop songs as well).

Other than that, I've simply gone for a walk along the Nile, taking in the music & illuminations from the river traffic.

I've always stayed at the hotel from May - August, & apart from a few children, never seen more than about 10 people around the pool; so plenty of loungers left over. Whilst the pool isn't huge, it's pleasant enough (looks great from your balcony when they light it up at night) & quite adequate for cooling down, when sun-bathing (not a great swimmer so I just plunge in, cool off & get back on the lounger).

There is also a covered bar area; alcohol, soft drinks & snacks, but nothing to stop you taking a drink over to your lounger; or attendants dooing this for you.

Hope this proves to be of some use.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Ramses

thanks for your response.

3. Re: Hilton Ramses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 06:24