We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

We are staying in zamalek in the hotel longchamps in september and wondered if anyone has any great restaurants they can recommend within a 20 minutes cab journey? we would like an good restaurant but with egytptian authenticity? any ideas?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

you can find 2 of the best egyptian restaurants in zamalek.

- abu el sid: the food is fantastic, prices are more or less reasonable and the enviroment is great: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294201-d1… - theres also seqouia: nile view, great atmosphere, awesome white interior, but the service is a bit slow especially on weekends, but theyr getting better: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294201-d1… if you take a taxi ride to downtown in abt 20 mins as well if not less and theres a bunch of really good restaurants in downtown like arabesque: cairo360.com/article/… and taboula: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294201-d1…

hope this helps.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
52 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

Basically CairoInsider said it all, I'll just add a comment here, when are you visiting Cairo in September?

You should bear in mind that Ramadan month will be 10th August till 10th September, and most restaurants basically don't serve food before 5 or 6 pm, and honestly the restaurants are extremely crowded and the quality is not at its best.

If you're coming to Cairo after the 10th, then you shouldn't face any problems what so ever.

Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

There is a fantastic restaurant in Mohandeseen called Solidaire, has a great atmosphere and excellent food. It has an indoor seating area and an outdoor area covered by a gazebo type thing. There is sometimes music acts playing also. It is frequented by mainly locals so must be good, my husband who is Egyptian took me there. No stomach complants either. If you are out and about, there is great restaurant hidden in the Khan el Khalili market, it serves very typical Egyptian food and is in the very old Islamic design, blink and you will miss it though!

Enjoy!

giza
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

in zamalek mare there are another two restaurants one at the end of the island caled sequoia surrounded by mwater and the food is good .the second called le cair on middle of zamlek in hosain sabry street

i tried both of them and they are good

thanks

m,onir

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
763 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

If you go to Cairo do not eat meat. stick to chicken and fish or vegie. the meat sold to the hotels and restaurants are effected with Sarcocystis. you could read more here.

…blogspot.com/2010/06/do-not-eat-meat-in-egy…

so be careful.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

Peekaboo67,are you serious?

This can not be true,why have we not heard about this,either before or after your post!!!!

I live here I haven`t heard a thing about this!!

It has almost been a month since you posted,has someone heard about this since??

Stella Polaris.

7. Re: authentic good quality restaurants in/near zamalek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 05:16