We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crisis is Over

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Topic
Crisis is Over

I am addressing you now from a new Egypt, a free Egypt, a victorious Egypt. After 18 days, the hard work paid back and we finally achieved what we took to the streets for.

I declare that the civil unrest in Egypt is now over. The country is now overwhelmed by massive celebrations despite the curfew. The army has withdrawn to allow the street parties that will last throughout the night.

I will wait for 48 hours just to make sure there won’t be any surprises. I will also wait for the official lifting of the curfew and the resumption of normal service at the airport. However, I expect that by Sunday evening, I will be able to tell you that it will be OK to visit Egypt starting the middle of next week.

Thanks to all of you who showed their support and concern.

On behalf of all free Egyptians, we owe you all.

Level Contributor
7,962 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crisis is Over

Just found out the news Darsh , so happy for everyone there.

You know how I feel about Egypt so I wont go on :) xxxx

Level Contributor
66 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crisis is Over

Wanted to be the first to congratulate you!! How exciting! Truly history in the making! Cant wait to visit a renewed Egypt next year.

I can only imagine the joy of the people there - let us hope it is long lived!

Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crisis is Over

Good news at last, Darsh - and thank you for keeping us all posted throughout.

Germany via Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crisis is Over

Thank you Darsh for taking the time to keep us all updated. I Can't wait to visit the new free Egypt!

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crisis is Over

Hi Darsh, Good news at last..well done to EVERYONE.....thank you for keeping us all posted .

We send very best wishes to ALL the Egyptian people that so deserve peace, freedom and to be able to live life as it should be!!

Love Sue & Rich xxxxx

P.S we will be back to see you all VERY SOON XX

Edited: 11 February 2011, 17:27
Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crisis is Over

Congratulations to the brave, stalwart people of Egypt! I've been watching events closely and remembering my unforgettable trip to this ancient, amazing country a few years ago. My tears flowed freely this morning when I learned the news. Egyptians have showed us what a peaceful revolution can look like, and I am overwhelmed with joy! Future travelers will be able to visit this amazing country without the aura of a police state; a country enjoying freedom! Salaam!

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crisis is Over

Thank you for your continued updates.

In the present euphoria of todays news we should not lose sight of the fact that no one really knows how this is going to pan out in the days and weeks to come. I'm sure we all hope though, that what follows will follow peacefully and that a real democracy (as real as any democracy is) comes to birth from todays announcement.

What is it we say in the UK when a monarch dies? 'The king is dead. Long live the king!' So may it be for the 'new' Egypt. Insh'allah.

I continue to look forward to returning to Egypt in the near future and to seeing and feeling the change amongst my friends there.

Level Contributor
511 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crisis is Over

No matter what happens, what is really striking (at least to me) is that the protesters - essentially leaderless - pulled this off by popular sentiment with little violence (at least on the part of the protesters).

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
168 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crisis is Over

Egypt became freeeeeeeee

let us hope that Egypt back to normal to be more peacfull .God bless Egypt

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crisis is Over

Agreed Pfadfinder,

I also believe that the stand made in Egypt has made it much easier for those in similar situations in other countries. Tunisia may have lit the flame but Egypt held it high and steady.

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question