We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

Ohio
Level Contributor
323 posts
390 reviews
Save Topic
Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

We are not checking our luggage from the States to London. We then fly from London to Cairo on BMI and cairo to Luxor using Egypt Air. Will we be able to carry on? Our Tour Guide told us to check it through from cairo to Luxor, it is faster. I don't understand how it will be faster than if I carried on? Thanks for any help We leave tomorrow so any help is appreciated..

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

Yes you can have 'carry on' baggage for Egyptair internal flights.

Depending on your booking status, eg 1st or Economy Class, you are allowed 1 or 2 pieces weighing upto 8k each. For more info see:

egyptair.com/English/…

Do note the restrictions section, although they shouldn't be any different to USA or other international flights, especailly in regard to Duty Free items. Some passengers have recently indicated that security is perhaps tighter then it used to be (No bad thing!) and some have had DF's confiscated.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,264 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

The plane is rather small and as noted, weight is less than your carry on allowance most likely is from London. If you are going soon, things are so quiet at the airports, that luggage pickup is quick.

I didn't find the security to be as extensive as European or North American airports. Liquids did not need to be separated from carry on and water bottles were permitted, but the sharp instruments rules applied. I can't comment on Duty Free issues.

Enjoy.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

Generally speaking yes you can have Carry-on luggage from Cairo to Upper Egypt as long as your luggage can fit in the overhead compartments. Domestic flight planes are usually small. The hand luggage compartments are also small. If your luggage is big and heavy, then they will ask you to check it in.

CHEERS

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

I only took carry on (and my backpack got pretty big and heavy by the end) while I flew on EgyptAir. I even had an Egypt Air Express fligt from Abus Simbel and return and that was the only time I had an issue but they let me take it on anyways after little convincing. I just said I never checked it on the way to "here" or "there" and that was it. Also, I complied with all the liquid requirements so take powder sunscreen and a bar moisturizer if you can.

5. Re: Does the flight from cairo to Luxor allow carry on luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 04:16