We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rebooking Egypt trip after canceling last February.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
336 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rebooking Egypt trip after canceling last February.

I was heartbroken when my Egypt trip was cancelled in Feb at the height of the demonstrations and I plan to reschedule for March 2012. Are all of the tourist sites open as usual? Is there any reason to hold of going in March? As long as the tourist sites are open and it is reasonably stable, I can't see a reason to hold off. Is there any tourist police presence? I am from the US, so this trip is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I know that no one can predict the future.....any comments would be appreciated!

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rebooking Egypt trip after canceling last February.

The sites are open but, as many report, things are and have been fairly quiet.

The elections are due at some point this year and so, hopefully, by next March, the country will know which way it is headed politically.

Nobody can say for certain what will happen in the next few months but people have been to Egypt in these uncertain times and enjoyed their trips so unless something major happens your trip should go ahead as planned. That said, nobody can accurately predict the future.

2. Re: Rebooking Egypt trip after canceling last February.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 14:42
3. Re: Rebooking Egypt trip after canceling last February.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 08:18