We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Itinerary for 4-day visit to Egypt?

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested Itinerary for 4-day visit to Egypt?

I need help with the below itinerary for my Egypt portoin of my two country tour. I welcome everyone's comments that can help make the best itinerary.

Thursday, November 16th (Cairo)

Arrival Cairo International airport. Transfer to hotel and overnight.

Friday, November 17th (Cairo)

Visit the pyramids of Giza and Dahshur, Necropolis at Sakkara, and the ancient capital of Memphis. Do sound and light show at pyramids in evening. Overnight at hotel.

Saturday, November 18th (Cairo)

Visit Islamic Cairo and Old Cairo. Tour the Egyptian Museum. See Whirling Dervishes show in evening. Overnight at hotel.

Sunday, November 19th (Cairo/Sinai)

After breakfast at hotel and check-out, visit the famous Khan El Khalili Bazaar. After lunch, drove from Cairo through the Sinai Desert to St. Catherine Monastery. In evening, arrive at St. Catherine's and check-in at hotel and overnight.

Monday, November 20th (Sinai/Taba/Eiliat)

Very early morning climb Mt. Sinai to follow the footsteps of Moses and reach the summit by sunrise. Return to hotel for breakfast. Afterwards visit St. Catherine's Monastery, chapel of the Burning Bush, and the Museum of the Skull. From St. Catherine drive to the Taba Border, cross into Israel and arrive the Eilat airport for flight to Tel Aviv.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested Itinerary for 4-day visit to Egypt?

That is a great program for the number of days you have. The only highlight missed in Cairo is the citadel. Try also to visit the Azhar Park. You can visit it in the evening also. Finally, I am sure your guide will have interesting ideas for dinners out etc. Don’t just assume that Cairo is all about sightseeing. It is a buzzing big city with lots to offer.

Sydney
Level Contributor
872 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested Itinerary for 4-day visit to Egypt?

PTADIN

I would also suggest that you try to see the Abu Tulin mosque and the Gayer-Anderson museum. I have written about the museum on another thread. It is really great and something about which I knew nothing until I arrived in Cairo. I would say it is a MUST SEE. I was there in November/December.

You will have a great time.

Write if you need further advice/info.

austin, texas
Level Contributor
580 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested Itinerary for 4-day visit to Egypt?

Make sure you coordinate your first full day based on the closing/opening times for Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis, etc....we drove out there only to find that they closed earlier than we thought...then we had to spend part of another day retracing our steps. Also, don't miss Memphis, although small, I thought the colossus of Rameses was a nice highlight.