We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Cairo or Giza?

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Cairo or Giza?

Memphis wants to put us in the Grand Pyramid Hotel in Giza. WOuld it me more convenient/fun to stay in Cairo? ANy thoughts?

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

The hotel is about 30 minutes from the centre of Cairo so perhaps it depends what you want ?. If you want to be able to leave your hotel and walk through the centre of Cairo and explore then you may want to be more central but you can always take a taxi to and from the hotel. And again it depends what you mean by more convenient ?..for what ?.

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

Thanks for your imput. I read Giza is great for visiting the pyramids. But would it be better to be located in Cairo for visiting those sites as well as getting to/from the airport for flights to Luxor etc. Or is it just as easy to get around from Giza? T

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,243 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

Youwill want to see some things in central Cairo and some things out at and past Giza, so IMO it doesn't matter where you stay, as you will have to do the driving one way or the other. They are both some distance from the airport. There's not much to do on foot near the Pyramids - a few restaurants and the sound and light. But if you are getting up very early the next day, as one does, then you may not care.

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

I am staying in Giza on 22nd and 23rd. I will see the Pyramids in the morning, then taxi to Cairo for the day / evening, then back to Giza for light show. im not paying for the light show, i'll watch it from my hotel :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

If anyone wants to meet up to eat tasty food in Cairo then feel free to message me!

i am looking at El Abd bakery for treats and Carnivore for (and I quote a reviewer on here) "an INFINITY of meat".

how can i turn down an infinity of meat?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

lol easily.....................

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

yeah, i had a strange vision of a conveyor belt which takes all the uneaten food and routes it straight back into the kitchen only to be recycled and served again...

like an Ouroboros of leftovers :(

Cairo, Egypt
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

If you need an advice from an Egyptian ;-) ,then stay at somewhere in Down Town or Zamalk!

So I would say Cairo is better in any way! :)

Regards

Ahmed

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

Thanks, I just hope the traffic and noise doesn't make wandering about impossible?

Cairo, Egypt
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay in Cairo or Giza?

If you want a calm and a cool place that is away from noise and still near to Down Town and the Nile,then ZAMALK is what you want! ;-)