We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

They have a very nice website

http://totalegypttours.com/index.html

with inexpensive tours and prices but amazingly

I can't find a single thing good or bad about them

on google.

Viva Egypt Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Vacations To Go Travel
Cultural Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Maestro Online Travel Egypt - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Bes Egypt Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

Until you mentioned them...no. I checked to see if they had perhaps changed their name but that didn't seem to be the case and couldn't find anything about them on the web on yahoo either.

Yes they do have an impressive website but unfortunately that doesn't say anything about the legitimacy of the company.

Have you tried contacting them at all ?..perhaps you could put together a brief itinerary then ask them to price it, ask a few others to price it as well and see how it compares...that may give you an idea of whether their costs are "normal" ?..

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

Yes, I have had many very good email exchanges. I guess they have smaller group tours which leave everyday, so when so many people are supposedly taking their tours I would think that there would be someone's review somewhere. I think their prices are very reasonable around 800 US dollars for 15 days including single supplement charge and pick up return to airport. How risky is it if I did use my credit card for something like this?

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

Not an expert in consumer issues and your card provider should be able to tell you what happens if they turn out to be a dud. $800 is exceedingly good for 15 days, it works out at about £550 but I don't know exactly what that includes and what the standard of any accommodation is like.

I suppose many companies have many people who use them and don't post reviews anywhere but I don't know where their clients come from so it's hard to say what's stopping them from publishing a review.

If you can get a detailed itinerary including details of accommodation then you can post it on here and we can see exactly what's on offer and if it raises any questions.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

I emailed/asked them why no real reviews and it makes sense that they only recently decided to work with individuals but see what they do is arrange many individual service providers, for example one guy picks you up from airport, one tour group they find goes to Cairo pyramids then next day another different tour group they find goes to Alexandria and back, and so on. Sounds great that way you have lots of flexibility and can begin exactly when u arrive and end exactly when u leave Cairo. But heres the itinerary actually might be closer to 900 US including accommodations for single but no admission fees or meals, i guess.

4 November: Arrive in Cairo. Transfer from Cairo International Airport to your hotel

4 November Night - Sleep at a hotel in Cairo

5 November: Cairo - Giza, Sakkara and Memphis

Travel with a private driver to visit the Giza Plateau. Visit the nine pyramids at Giza including the three famous pyramids of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure, and the Sphinx. Next, travel to Sakkara and view the oldest pyramid in Egypt, the Step Pyramid of King Djoser. Finally, travel to Memphis, the ancient Egyptian capital, to see the massive statue of Ramses II and the Alabaster Sphinx.

5 November Night - Sleep at a hotel in Cairo

6 November: Cairo - City tour

Travel with a private driver to visit the Islamic section of Cairo, including Salah el Din Citadel which includes the Mosque of Suleiman Pasha, The Alabaster Mosque, Joeh's Walls and Mohamed Ali Pasha Palace. The Citadel provides amazing panoramic views of Cairo. Then travel to Coptic Cairo, where you will visit some of the oldest churches in the world, including the Hanging Church and Mar Girgis. Next, visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, which houses a magnificent collection of antiques dating from the Old Kingdom to the Greco-Roman period including the spectacular treasures of King Tutankhamon's tomb. Finally, you will have the opportunity to browse the world famous Khan el Khalily bazaar.

6 November Night - Sleep at a hotel in Cairo

7 November: Alexandria

Travel with a private driver to Alexandria. Visit the Citadel of Qait Bey, a 15th century defensive fortress with great views of the city and the Mediterranean, Pompey's Pillar a massive red granite column erected at the end of the 4th century to honor the Emperor Diocletian, the well preserved Roman Theater with mosaic flooring and marble seats, Montazah Palace, an expansive garden where you can enjoy quiet serenity in the heart of Alexandria, the Roman catacombs of Kom el Shuqqafa built in the 2nd century AD and showing a stunning integration of Ancient Egyptian and Greco Roman design, and the magnificent Library of Alexandria.

7 November Night - Sleep at a hotel in Cairo

8 November - 9 November: Baharaia Oasis

Take a break from the city and head to the desert. After breakfast travel to Baharia Oasis. From there travel in a 4x4 vehicle to the Black Desert and camp overnight in the White Desert under the stars. Visit the Black Desert formed by ancient volcanic action, the White Desert with its intriguing wind sculpted limestone formations, Crystal Mountain , Hot and Cold springs and Wadi Aqabat. In the evening enjoy a dinner cooked over the open fire. After dinner be entertained by Bedouin music. The next morning after breakfast return to Cairo.

9 November Night - train to Aswan

10 November - 13 November: Nile Cruise

Visit Aswan, the peaceful island that houses Philae temple, dedicated to the goddess Isis and involving over 800 years of construction, the important High Dam that forever changed the flood patterns of the Nile, the natural beauty of Elephatin Island and the Botanical Garden.

Travel on the ancient Nile from Aswan to Luxor via a 5 star cruise. Visit Edfu, which houses the Temple of Horus, one of the most well preserved temples in Egypt and Kom ombo featuring a temple dedicated to Sobek, the crocodile god.

Arrive in Luxor and visit the East bank, including the stunning Luxor Temple whose main purpose was to provide a setting for one of the main festivals of Pharaonic Egypt and Karnak Temple, the largest temple complex ever built. Visit the West bank, including the vibrantly colored tombs of the Valley of the Kings, the majestic Hatshepsut's Temple, and the Colossi of Memnon, two 1000 ton statues built to guard the Temple of Ahmenhotep III.

13 November Night - Sleep at a hotel in Hurghada

14 November - 18 November: Hurghada

Get ready to take in some sun and play in the warm waters of the Red Sea. Take a full day to experience some of the best snorkeling in the world, a desert safari quad trip and 3 free days on the beach.

18 November Night - Sleep at a hotel in Cairo

19 November: Transfer to Cairo International Airport.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Alexandria
Alexandria
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Giza
Giza
Giza Governorate, Egypt
Memphis Tours
Memphis Tours
5,074 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Pompey's Pillar
Pompey's Pillar
321 Reviews
Alexandria, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Luxor Temple
Luxor Temple
3,347 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Valley of the Kings
Valley of the Kings
4,633 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Colossi of Memnon
Colossi of Memnon
1,351 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,352 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

hurricano

My 1st concerns about your itinerary would be based on 'missing' info. i.e.:-

No hotel names - Are they 5* or 2*? (remembering that Egyptian 5* is about 3.5* to the rest of us)

No boat names? No Class of boat

Are entrance fees included?

No class of train

Like anything in life, you must read the small print

Without the above names etc. you can't check out reviews on TA

I think anyone thinking about taking a tour should take heed of this article by Moffisio at tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294200-c169022/Egy…

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

Yep my thoughts exactly. There's plenty of sight detail but no accommodation named. They must know which hotels they use be they 1* or 5*. I would certainly want to know where I would be sleeping.

7. Re: Has anyone heard of "Total Egypt Tours" Cairo tour company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 02:16