We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyramids via Metro and then bus?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Topic
Pyramids via Metro and then bus?

Is this possible, feesible?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
6,019 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyramids via Metro and then bus?

At Saqqara - about 20 years ago - I talked to a young couple who had taken the train? Metro? to Helwan then walked to the site. But I did not ask for details as I had no interest in emulating them LOL! Why do it the hard way when taxis are cheap enough?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyramids via Metro and then bus?

I have my reasons pausilypon, not worth going into!

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyramids via Metro and then bus?

That would be metro to Giza, then taxi. Maybe 10-15 LE.

It's funny- I've been here several years and know lots of expats.....very few of whom (none?) have ever stepped foot on a Cairo bus, but there are semi-regular questions here about busses. More power to you, but seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I'm sure you can get a microbus at Giza station to "Haram" but again, definitely a hassle. No clue on busses, sorry.

Mentioned in this post
Giza
Giza
Giza Governorate, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
4. Re: Pyramids via Metro and then bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 06:16