We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in the Giza plateau?

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Interested in the Giza plateau?

These websites were recommended to me by a serious Egyptologist and look really interesting. They are in real time and interactive.

Www.aera.web.org

Www.gizapyramids.org

And check out the fantastic images on this, which can be downloaded free of charge

academia.edu/295377/Slab_Stelae_of_the_Giza_…

These orgeous slab stelae are scattered around the world and you would be hard pushed to see them all. They are all translated and commented.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interested in the Giza plateau?

Thanks Verity, they are gorgeous

The first link didn't work for me but I found it here

http://www.aeraweb.org/

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interested in the Giza plateau?

Oh, sorry, I put in a stop by mistake, you are right. Using a new ipad in bad light is a recipe for typos.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interested in the Giza plateau?

The first two links don't work for me - in fact, a warning comes up - but Nefertari's link accesses the first website.

Thanks for sharing!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interested in the Giza plateau?

I've tried the second link, as a link from my post, and it does work for me. The site does warn that some older computers may not load the pages. If you can get it, it shows inter alia aerial photos of the Giza plateau.

If you can't get this one the other one is still good.

5. Re: Interested in the Giza plateau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 March 2013, 05:35
6. Re: Interested in the Giza plateau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:15