We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for Cairo

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Guide for Cairo

Hi guys,

I was planning on visiting Cairo in July, and I was wondering if anybody could suggest a good guide to hire, to drive around some more popular sites?

I was thinking about visiting obviously the pyramids, as well as Saqqara and Memphis.

Could this trip be done in a day??

Thanks

Nick

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide for Cairo

Yeah that's one full day, leaving you time for dinner or music or the bazar in town after dark. (sorry, don't know guides)

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide for Cairo

Yup, easily done on a single day and doable on your own if you wanted.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide for Cairo

Go to the top of this page and click on 'things to do' then 'activities'. There you will find reviews on tour companies and guides.

Personally I can recommend Mohamed Bahaa as an excellent guide. I used him in January for Saqqara and Dashur and found him to be so good that I am going back to Cairo for a longer trip in February next year. Any questions, you can PM me.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide for Cairo

Giza Pyramids plus Saqqara/Memphis can easily be done in a day. Note: there's not much to see in Memphis, but Saqqara is full of interesting sights. Personally, I'd skip Memphis altogether & take more time in Saqqara.

I've had a few guides in Egypt, & almost all of them were good. But the one who surpassed them all was Mohamed ElShaer. I highly recommend him. His e-mail is midobluesky@hotmail.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide for Cairo

Thanks a lot guys!

6. Re: Guide for Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 11:05
Edited: 21 May 2013, 11:05
7. Re: Guide for Cairo

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 09:35
8. Re: Guide for Cairo

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 07:17