We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Changchun, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

Hi all!

I will fly to Athens in couple of days, and would have 10 hrs layover in Cairo Airport, and 9 hrs layover in the return flight. I asked a question about "walking out" of the airport, and received friendly and helpful replies. Now new questions arise:

Is there free wifi in Cairo Airpost T3? If no, where can I get the Wifi and how will I be charged?

How are the cafes and restaurents in T3? Do you have any recommendations?

Do I have to present a printed eticket while staying in T3?

And, are there electronic plugs in the waiting area in T3? What are the plugs in Cairo like? Simmilar to Europe or America?

Thank you!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

Yes there is free wifi in Terminal 3, it works okay. They use the European two round pin plugs.

I don't use the airport restaurants all that much except for a quick coffee/snacks, the restaurants are a lot better than when I first visited Egypt but just the usual airport fodder imo.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

There is free wifi in all terminal. Terminal 3 has the worst cafes. The best is Starbucks, but that's in terminal 1. The restaurants are fine. No "presenting a printed eticket".

Changchun, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

Thank you Nefetari! Since I will layover in Cairo Airport twice, I think I will have to stay at the airport for at least 9 hrs in my return flight. That will be 1400 to 2330, so I'd have at least one meal at the airport. If the wifi were free, then it would be much better.

And thank you Khaledmh! Is it possible to go to T1 without going through the customs? Do they serve typical Egyptian food in T3? If yes, I think I'd try it, never mind the price.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 04:55
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

No, you can't go into terminal one. The don't serve local food there, fast foods only ( burgers, pizza and stuff).

Cairo, Egypt
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

see cairo is first world shows the egyptian generosity

however when in europe they will rip you off

gooo egypt

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

If you say so.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

???

Cairo, Egypt
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

i went to paris

and berlin they only give yu free wifi for 15 minutes:(

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

Yes there is supposedly free wifi at T3 but out of the dozen times or so that I have tried to use it, it was too slow to use ! I mean really so slow that it just does not - once I was able to shoot off a couple of emails but the other times it was too slow.

I do not remember there being free wifi at Berlin, ( Tegel ), but there is at Heathrow, Gatwick and Zurich but limited to between 1 - 2 hours ... however those work fine !

I do not find the catering at T3 bad. It is rather limited as it is all American casual diner style, or fast food. But it is much more expensive than in other Cairo locations. The best of the restaurants is the one in front of you as you go through the passport control and duty free shops - I can not remember the name but Its fine if you like that sort of food. To the right of that was a nice looking little sandwich kiosk with pastries which seemed quite nice, but overall there is not much choice. To be honest, at Heathrow T! or Gatwick you will get similar foods but more of a choice.

If you are flying with Egyptair and have a very long layover, they may provide you with hotel accommodation, depending on your arrival and departure times. If you are flying with them then do ask them. They are one of the few airlines who do still do that... many of the European carriers no longer do so.

10. Re: Is there wifi in T3, Cairo Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:16