We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide or Not ?

Washington...
1 post
Save Topic
Guide or Not ?

I am planning to visit Cairo with my husband next week.

My question is it worth to have a tour guide with us or not?

Is it safe to do it on our own?

Please help.

Regards

Carol

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,621 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide or Not ?

Not surprisingly, these questions arise with an alarming regularity (the most recent being posted last Monday) and a glance though previous threads will give a useful spectrum of opinion vis a vis the hire of tour guides. The short answer is that it’s down to personal preference.

As for going out on one’s own, the consensus is “safe” as long as you use the same sort of street-wise common sense you would at home.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide or Not ?

Unless you are familiar with Egypt or know Arabic definitely use a guide. I'm hardly new to travel so went to the Pyramids without a guide and people constantly tried to trick or harass me and I had the most miserable time.

In Aswan and Luxor I had a guide and had a far better experience as the guide will keep people from hassling you as much.

3. Re: Guide or Not ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 11:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide or Not ?

"you could ask local tour company like www.reallifeegypt.com"

Again on the Sharm Forum.....Re: Excurions in Sharm

today, 5:43

Use www.reallifeegypt.com They are local tour company and I've always had a 1st class service from start to finish

DabieUK A.....2 posts, only a TA member since TODAY, and both posts to discuss the virtues of reallifeegypt.com. As you have "always" had 1st class service from them, how come we haven't heard about it before today from you????

You are the second person, from "UK" to recently be posting such wonderful referrals for this company. Let's see if you have any FURTHER input about your amazing times in Egypt with this company you have "experienced" all these times????

Edited: 18 July 2014, 03:29
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide or Not ?

unone - I suggest you don't hold your breath!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide or Not ?

I will not be eLaReF that is for sure! This poster? Same referrals, different TA name. Just so tired of this.

7. Re: Guide or Not ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16