We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile cruises to Luxor or Aswan?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
422 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Nile cruises to Luxor or Aswan?

R they still operating? Do these Nile cruises go only to Luxor or do they go all the way to Aswan? R they round trip taking u back to Cairo? I wish to take the most luxurious 7 day cruise down the Nile to either Luxor or Aswan,what Nile cruise boat operator u recommend and approxiamitly what will be the cost in US dollars. Thank you

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nile cruises to Luxor or Aswan?

As far as I am aware, at the moment there are not cruises going from Cairo down the Nile. They had been announced some months ago but have yet to start operations. The cruises that run now are the ones that go between Luxor and Aswan. There are shorter cruises that go from Luxor to Aswan, or vice versa as well as some that are seven day cruises that start and end in the same city.

The most luxurious cruise I have taken on the Nile was on the M/S Farah and I think it would fit the bill for what you want. I don't know if it is currently sailing though because the low tourist numbers have caused a lot of changes in cruises. I have some contacts that I can check and I'll get an idea of prices, but it will depend on what time of year you wanted to go. When I have an answer, I'll get you some information in a PM.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nile cruises to Luxor or Aswan?

The Nile Legacy does a cruise Luxor to Aswan and then back to Luxor. It then goes to Qena to visit the temples of Abydos & Dendara and back to Luxor. It is the longest Nile Cruise I am aware of at 7 days.

Not a lot of cruise operators working at the moment with tourist numbers down.

The Nile Legacy has consistent good reviews. Maybe check it out.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
422 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nile cruises to Luxor or Aswan?

No need to check anything. I am only interested in the Nile cruises that begin in Cairo and end in Aswan. I had read that these Nile cruises had started up a few years back after a absense of 15 years but due to the present ircumstanses in eygpt have been discontinued for now. I thank u your reply

4. Re: Nile cruises to Luxor or Aswan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16