We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

once again more questions

orkney isles...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
once again more questions

hi i have more questions for you all we are in cairo for 7 days and want to make the most of it

is it okay for us just to go about on our own or is it recommended to get a guide? we have a map and guide book and hopefully we are hoping we can find everything else out here

also we would really like to go on some sort of desert day trip anywhere would be good as we.ve never even seen a desert before as we live on a small island north if scotland about as far from the desert as you can get

i have looked on the net but cant really find any info in this so any would be appreciated,

thank you again this will no doubt nit be the last you hear from me

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: once again more questions

Hi cat213,

I would post a question specifically for Darsh, he is the Cairo expert & I know he will be very helpful.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: once again more questions

for your first question, read the following threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k665…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k462…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k366…

For the second, If you want a true and proper desert safari trip, the least you can manage is an over night trip to Bahareya, the closest Westrn Desert oasis to Cairo. If you just want to see the desert and be on it, the pyramids can be considered a desert trip. You will find there what a desert is all about, lots of sand.

orkney isles...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: once again more questions

thanks very much darsh all your help is very much appreciated

its not long till we go now and we are really looking forward to it

Cairo in Egypt
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: once again more questions

Hi,

Concerning desert, 96% of the Egyptian land is desert and most of the archaeological sites you will visit are located in desert areas like Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara, Dahshour ......where you can enjoy the view of large spaces of deseret. But if you mean safari and camping trip into the desert I agree with darsh that you have to arrange for a safari trip with any agency.

Concernning using tour guide or not, I think it depends on your interest. If you are a taking- picturs tourist and not interested to stay long time in each place go on your own. But if you are interested to get a good historical and archaeological background of every place you will vist and also to see the details you can't find yourself, it's much better to use a tour guide.

Please feel free to ask any other questions come up to your mind.

Have a nice trip

5. Re: once again more questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 06:24