We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camel market

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
camel market

Any info on thecamel market will be welcome. We will be in Cairo in May 08. Where is it and what is there???

Luxor
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: camel market

Hi Kansas,

No camel market in Cairo. Only in Luxor you will found bug camel market.

Hope this helps.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camel market

Hey Kansas,

I just checked my notes, there is a camel market in Cairo. It is in Birqash about 35km from Cairo. It is held on Friday's and Monday's only between 6am and noon, the best time to be there is around 7-9am. We decided against it after hearing that it is not a good place for animal lovers (poor conditions etc). If you put "camel market" in the search box, you will see some other posts. I do remember reading that others enjoyed the experience.

hope this helps.

Nefertari

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: camel market

Nefertari is right. I have never been to the market, but I read about it and it is mentioned with details in any guide book for Cairo.

4. Re: camel market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 20:17