We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch this Space

Which Giza hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Watch this Space

According to Al Ahram, one of the first acts of the new Minister of Antiquities & Tourism, in conjunction with the Giza Governor, will be a planned revamp of the Giza Plateau, to make it more tourist friendly.

The article can be found here:

…ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/9/40/104652/Herita…

&, if the plans to remove the pedlars, post information/direction signs & post the official prices of horse/camel rides and admission come off, may actually go a long way towards addressing many of the concerns expressed by visitors over the last few years.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch this Space

Great idea and long overdue. I'll believe it when I see it, this has been promised for years.....Egyptian time lol

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,051 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch this Space

GParry, just reread that article and it says the vendors will be placed outside the Mena House Hotel. I hope they rethink that!

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch this Space

I say great news if they go through with it. It will hopefully go a long way to solving or reducing the long ongoing compalint of most tourists of the touts and pushy vendors at the Giza site.

4. Re: Watch this Space

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:16