We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balloon trip

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Balloon trip

Hi I would like to go on the balloon trip while I am in Luxor but my wife doesn't like heights and will not be able to go up in one.Does anybody know if it would be ok for her to still come along to film or photograph ,or would she get to much hassle alone on the ground.Would she be better staying at the hotel?

Who's best to book with and how long do these trips last.?

Are they just at sunrise and sunset or are they all day?

Are you allowed to film from the balloon?

Sorry I was only meant to ask one question.

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Balloon trip

Hi,

I would just ask about your wife coming along, she could possibly just wait with the minibus that transports you to the launch site. The actual flight lasts about 40 mins with most companies, I believe.

Definitely book with a local agent not with your holiday rep or through the hotel. A friend of mine, another regular poster on here, was quoted 70 pounds sterling pp at her hotel last week. She eventually got it for 35 pp elswhere !!

The flights are all at sunrise, pick up from hotel can be as early as 4-4.30am!

Some companies say that you are not allowed to take cameras others are ok about it so ask before you book.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Balloon trip

I couldn't imagine not being able to bring cameras or video cameras with you. I took some pictures, but for the most part wanted to take a break from trying to get nice shots and just enjoyed the ride. I went with contiki tours and we used hod hod solomon for our balloon ride. The employees were very friendly, it lasted about 45 minutes. The women on my tour were hasseled everywhere, not by the employees of the hot air balloon company, but I still wouldn't want to leave a woman anywhere by herself. It's not that I would worry anything bad would happen, but sometimes you get in an uncomfortable situtation that you want someone you know around.

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Balloon trip

Thanks for your replies.Sounds maybe like it would be better to leave her in bed.

4. Re: Balloon trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 02:19