We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

I had a great holiday on the Ra2 in Oct 2011. The boat was lovely, the manager and staff were really friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The cabins are quite roomy and had balcony doors, which was a nice touch. The food was tasty with a good choice. The tours were well organised and our tour guide Osama was great. Unfortunately I was poorly whilst on the boat and had to have a doctor called, the staff on the boat organised the doctor and he arrived within 30 mins and spoke perfect English and was really nice.Overall a fantastic holiday, I would definitely recommend Ra 2, and would go back myself one day.

Emo Tours Egypt - Day Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Aladin Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Luxor and Aswan Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

Welcome to the forum

Re you getting sick, I'm, trying to understand it better....

Whilst I am glad that it did not stop you having a great time, is it a warning NOT to use this boat? - Was the sickness connected to the boat?

Did the doctor cost anything? Or are you publicising this hoping more members will come foward saying they were sick also to support any case for a claim?

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,492 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

I thought she was saying the staff were helpful and got a doctor promptly who was very satisfactory, so the holiday was not spoilt.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

That's why I asked - It wasn't clear!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

Without going into details my 'sickness' had NOTHING to do with the boat. A combination of too much sun and too much alcohol which was my own fault entirely. The staff on the boat were fantastic and went out of their way to make sure I was ok. As for the doctor, the crew organised this immediately and the doctor arrived in approx 20 mins. He was very thorough and didn't charge more then a quarter tank of petrol, which is nothing and I claimed on my insurance anyway.Overall I was really impressed with the Ra 2 , the staff, the tours, everything and I would happily return.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

Been on the RA2 myself and had a wonderful time. Nobody was taken ill on the cruise apart from a lady with a touch of sunstroke. Great staff, decent cabins, excellent food. Would recommend it and happily travel on her again.

Burntwood
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

I have just spent a week on the Ra11 and found the experience delightful. Food excellent - staff very attentive and helpful - cabins and en-suite clean and tidy. Our guide (through ATP travel) was knowledgable and very informative. The early mornings can be a little tiring if going on a trip but had an alarm call to keep me on track. The sundeck has ample sunbeds with the bonus of a pool and 2 jacuzzi's. The decor on the boat is really charming and the fact it has its own moorings and priority in the locks makes you feel extra special when other boats have to move out the way.

If you want a cruise up the Nile then chose this boat and book through ATP if you want first class service.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

ra2 was brilliant wood do it all over again

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

hi all,

my husband and I are going on the RA 2 this dec 2012 for the new year after a stay for christmas in a hotel can you tell me if there are hairdryers in the cabins, and what type of adaptors are needed.

we cant wait for our holiday have been reading up on the RA 2 but didnt see if the cabins had hairdryers can someone please advise, thanks

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

Hi, Yes there are hair dryers in each cabin.

Also you need a 2 pin 220 volt adaptor.

thanks

Edinburgh, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ra 2, Nile Cruise Ship

thankyou for your reply on the hairdryers in cabins on the RA2

much appreciated, also the advice on the plugs needed we are gratefull