We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Nile cruises

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Nile cruises

Hi: what is the average cost per night for a 5star Nile cruiser? I am researching loads here and everywhere and can't get an idea of what is a good price. We will likely need 2 rooms for 5 of us. Can one get a deal on their individual sites or do I have to book through a tour company? Thanks much-

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Nile cruises

Is that international 5* or Egyptian 5* as the two are different with most Egyptian 5* boats being between 3 and 4* on an international scale. I can't give a price but if you can give an idea of some of the boats you are considering others can give an idea of value for money and what they thought of the boat and it's rating. Just a thought.

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Nile cruises

Hi: thanks. I have looked at individual websites for Nile cruises, like Moevenpick, SOnesta etc and see prices like 250$ per night per person. This seems very high. Especially if we need 2 cabins for our fam of 5. This is for what is listed as a 5 star. So I am wondering is it cheaper to book through a tour company or is there a website where one can get discount deals on cruises, like one does w/ hotels, i.e. booking.com. Thanks,

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Nile cruises

You might get a better deal through a tour company or travel agent and your best bet might be to contact KV explorer who is one of the destination experts and ask him to provide you with a list of reputable agents in Egypt. Then you could email them your requirements and get an idea of prices. Booking whilst in Egypt is another option as you can then, in Luxor, have a look at some of the boats and weigh up your options. I would contact KV first though as he knows what he is talking about and has many useful contacts.

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Nile cruises

thanks--will check out KV!

5. Re: Cost of Nile cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:25