We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A & K does not disapoint! Have the sights to yourself

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
421 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
A & K does not disapoint! Have the sights to yourself

All I can say is take your opportunity to go to Egypt before all the tourists come back. Tourism is down 95% and you will have all the sights to yourselves. Cairo is in need of a clean up, but never once did we ever even sense a security threat.

Other then the hassle of the street vendors people are really nice and have a great Spirit!!

We used A&K as we were a group of 9 and it was easier, but you could really do it on your own, if price is an issue.

Our Egyptologist Ahmed Aziz -- Mr ZiZoo was the best!!

We did Cairo, Nile cruise(Luxor-Aswan plus Abu Simbel) and Sharm at the end for R&R and dving(amazing).

GO NOW! It very SAFE and Incredible!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A & K does not disapoint! Have the sights to yourself

How was the boat. THinking of joining just for the boat with my two daughters aged 14 and 12.

Northants UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A & K does not disapoint! Have the sights to yourself

Just returned yesterday from Luxor, and correct there are only about 18/20%

occupation at the moment in both boats and hotels.

We went on Movenpick MS Darakum, which is 5* superior, and was superb. Only 18 of us (120 capacity) to Aswan and 14 coming back, so was like a private charter!

We ended off with a stay at the Hilton Resort in Luxor, which again was almost empty, but was amazing

No hassle at all, apart from "our cousins" the street traders, but they soon lose interest if you show no interest!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A & K does not disapoint! Have the sights to yourself

3gals,

When I went last Fall, A&K used the Sun Boat IV for the Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan. I found the boat very nice and the service good. As with everything in life, it's not entirely perfect, but the negatives are relatively minor and overall the trip was extremely enjoyable.

The food was tip-top notch, the cabins and common areas are comfortable and nicely decorated, the pool deck is lovely. My (again, minor) quibbles are that the Internet did not work well (most on board could never get a signal; a few tour mates said they got on briefly but it was excruciatingly slow) and the bathrooms in the cabin are tiny (even for a boat). If you have specific questions don't hesitate to ask.

I agree with other posters that the time to visit Egypt is now, before the crowds return. I think I read somewhere that on a typical day there are about 300 tour buses at the Giza Plateau (not all at once, but in total over the course of a day). During the two hours we were there I saw exactly five buses.

4. Re: A & K does not disapoint! Have the sights to yourself

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:15