We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo-Luxor-Aswan

Which Aswan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo-Luxor-Aswan

I will be visiting Cairo for the first time ever in November. My idea is to spend a couple of days in Cairo and then take the night express sleeper train to Aswan. Spend ?? days there and then take a cruise back to Luxor and then the day or night train (is it worth taking a day train and see some sites from the window??) back to Cairo.

How does this sound to those of you who have done it all before?

Thanks

(Pisang) Ross

1. Re: Cairo-Luxor-Aswan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 01:33
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo-Luxor-Aswan

The itinerary sounds good, leaving aside the plane/train question.

How long you spend depends how long you have. I have twice spent a week in Aswan without feeling I had run out of things to do, but three or four days would still be nice and you could visit Abu Ssimbel too. The cruise would be nice too - a different experience and it enables you to see places along the Nile which are hard to access from Aswan or Luxor.

The place you have not mentioned spending time in is Luxor. It has a huge concentration of historic sites so you reaally should allocate some time there. The cruise will probably include a couple of excursions but it will be a fraction of what you want. Again, three or four days minimum although you could spend much longer.

Depending on personal preference and logistics, you could fly to Luxor, take the cruise the other way and then fly from Aswan back to Cairo.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo-Luxor-Aswan

Thanks to you both as you have been most helpful!!

Ross (Pisang)

4. Re: Cairo-Luxor-Aswan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:16