We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

abu simbel flights

australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
abu simbel flights

trying to organize flights from aswan to abu simbel return same day feb 10th can anyone help please regards rikkii

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: abu simbel flights

Flights do not come available to book on their web site until about 4 weeks before departure.

Phil

san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: abu simbel flights

not necessarily. I booked my abu simbel flights for may already. Seats come available spuratically.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: abu simbel flights

Just been playing with the egypt air web site for flights from Aswan to Abu Simbel and for day returns, you can only book up to a maximum of 3 weeks in advance, so today you can book for the 19th Jan 2009, or before, but not the 20th. There are flights available on dates in advance of that but one flight going out from Aswan at 11.55 but the return has to be the next day at 8.10.

Price for a day return £114 or 879LE PP.

So, I think you will have to wait until the 20th Jan before you can book for the 10th Feb

Phil

san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: abu simbel flights

It is rather bizarre how Egyptair works. I just checked again to see if flights were available in May. I booked Aswan to Abu Simbel back to Cairo. The flights are not available now.

Thank god I have my confirmation numbers.

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but the day before I booked the flights (I had given up) I emailed an egyptian travel agent because I thought they could work their magic. They came back with the exact flights I wanted. So right before I was going to give the travel agent money I check the egyptair website. Sure enough, the flights appeared. It's almost like they called egyptair and told them to open up the flights on the website so they could sell them.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: abu simbel flights

Ah Mrfatboy so that is your secret to getting them flights! I wondered how you had managed to get them when I go through the stress of waiting until 3 weeks before ;-)

Karen

san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: abu simbel flights

Like I said, I was amazed that the exact flights and days to and from abu simbel just happened to open up for me 5 months from my departure day.

I might have cracked the egyptair code :) Da Vinci would be proud :)

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: abu simbel flights

lol ;-0

newbury, berkshire
Level Contributor
50 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: abu simbel flights

Hi - I've always got so frustrated that I have rung Egypt Air in London, and invariably got a really helpful person who has booked me what I've wanted. The number is on their website. Also, be aware that the flight numbers and times do sometimes change after you have booked, so if you receive an apparently duplicate set of e-tickets from them, check the details carefully, 'cos something will have changed!! It all makes life interesting! Simon.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
236 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: abu simbel flights

I booked my flight from Aswan to Abu Simbel 2 weeks in advance. Once I arrived at the airport I was told the return flight was canceled so I wasnt able to visit Abu Simbel...it wasnt a pleasant experience.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: abu simbel flights

The 4 week in advance procedure seems to have ended. Both Trailfinders and Expedia certainly have flights between Aswan and Abu Simbel listed for March; unfortunately, the most convienient flights and many of the dates are gone already! If you are told no flights are available, it probably is because hey are full. We have had to re-jig our whole trip to accvomodate the available flights.