We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going price for 4 day Nile cruises

Which Aswan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
going price for 4 day Nile cruises

Hi,

Is 400 US per person on a 4 day Nile cruise on a 5 star deluxe ship the going rate? This includes all site seeing tours and food but not drinks.

I am thinking of going on December 24th. Any recommendations for 4 star cruises and with whom can I contact for further info and prices.

Thank you.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going price for 4 day Nile cruises

I should think that $400 wouldn't be far from the mark, unless there is a surcharge for Christmas. But I would strongly advise against anyone from North America contemplating a 4* cruise boat. Unless you are really looking for something about which you can complain, instead of enjoying your holiday! lol.

Best wishes,

Edward.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,445 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going price for 4 day Nile cruises

You may get cheaper with an Egyptian Travel Company but I think the price is ok for that standard and the inclusions. There are different standards even in the 5* category - 5*Standard, 5*Deluxe, 5*Super Deluxe etc.

Often when you see a cheaper price, it does not include entrance fees or guided tours so take that into consideration.

I agree with Edward, personally I would not go for anything less that 5* standard as imo that was okay but not what I would class as 5* more like a good 3*.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: going price for 4 day Nile cruises

Agree with all above, at leats 5 star standard. The price is okay, but about the Obligatory Gala Dinner. Is it included in the price?, if yes, then the price is okay.

4. Re: going price for 4 day Nile cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 05:18