We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

Hi there,

I know this topic is prevalent in the forums, but I haven't yet seen if we can find a taxi at our hotel in Aswan and take that up to Luxor with stops at Edfu and Kom Ombo? We're going next month on Dec. 15th.

Our hotel in Luxor offered 500 EP each for this with guides, lunch, admission, etc, but we really don't need guides and can get lunch to go.

Does anyone know if we could get it substantially cheaper by just getting a private taxi and having them wait for us at both sites?

Thanks for all of your help!

1. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 21:35
new york
Level Contributor
83 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

We booked it through realegyptlife.com. Very reasonable price.

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

I think heydenny means http://www.reallifeegypt.com/ I have used this company many times in the past and have also booked them for the same trip in December.

You could also look at www.aswan-individual.com/html/contact.htm they can also do this trip.

Phil

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,199 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

Yes, those two firms are both good. I would book in advance rather than just trying to get a taxi on the day. You will probably pay at least 400 LE (total, not each) without a guide - who is not necessary. The driver will stop at Edfu and Kom Ombo (and you could also consider El Kab). They are all on or near the main road, just buy tickets and go in with your guidebook.

Driving time is about 4 hours, and one hour is enough at Edfu IMO, ideally a bit more at Kom Ombo. El Kab would only be half an hour.

It makes a great day.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

An advance booking will mean a more comfortable car preferably with air con, some of the Aswan town cabs are real sheds on wheels & are unlikely to be comfortable over a long distance.

AL Kab is actually a split site as there are some amazing rock tombs plus a temple site a short drive away. The tombs would take half an hour easily, the rest of the site well, here are some details:

www.touregypt.net/featurestories/kabthoth.htm

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

Thanks everyone! I'll look into those two firms and try to get the best deal for a car. 400 seems to be the going rate.

Thanks again!

-Wendy

7. Re: Taxi from Aswan to Luxor, Edfu/Kom Stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:19