We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long in Abu Simbel?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
How long in Abu Simbel?

I am just about to be booki my flights for a trip to Abu Simbel. We will be arriving at about 7.30am - i was wondering would it be enough time to get the 10.30am flight back or should I wait and get the flight at about 13.30? if we left a bit late this would give us time to maybe get some lunch and havea rest before the journey back, but if there is nothing much there we might be better just catching an earlier flight back to Aswan.

Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long in Abu Simbel?

The trip to Abu Simbel from the airport is only about 5 mins, each flight gets met by an Egyptair bus. There is nothing else there except the temples and a few tourist shops. In my opinion, an hour & a half is ample time at Abu Simbel, I'd catch the earlier flight.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,277 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long in Abu Simbel?

IS this a duplicate post? Anyway an hour and a half is Ok, two is ample. There is nothing else to do there.

3. Re: How long in Abu Simbel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 06:21