We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

How far in advance should I book my flight from Cairo to Aswan? I don't want to book too soon in case my travel plans change, but on the other hand, I don't want the flight I am interested in to sell out. I have about 3 month until I will be flying. How long should I wait?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
1. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 11:53
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

I agree, book as soon as possible because they do sell out. I booked mine a couple of months ahead and when I looked closer to the date, there were only very late night flights left or business class.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

Hi

Can you tell me if Egypt Air are the only airline that do the flights from Cairo to Luxor and Aswan.

I looked up their website and the price was $160.52 US. From what I had read I thought that they were much cheaper than that.

Planning for October, and wanting to start finding out the costs and budgeting the trip

Thanks

Janderra

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

Price will most likely depend on month (high season or low season) and day of the week. We are planning for May 2011. Flight from Cairo to Aswan, May 22, 2011-Sunday-one way for 2 adults-price was $271.04 for the 2 of us-all taxes, etc. included. That day there are 3 flights-all same price. I think May is considered low season whereas October might be high season???

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

I can't remember where I read this-either somewhere here or on the Fodors website. The person said to check your country on the Egypt Air page as Egypt to get lowest price flights. I did that just for the heck of it and for the same flight Cairo to Aswan May 22, 2011 for 2 adults was 634 EGP or total of $110.05 US. When I put US in the box the price I got was $271.04. Don't fully understand what he/she means. Is the lower fare only for Egyptian citizens??

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

Hi

Yes I would be interested to know this also. It is like hotels in Africa if you are a tourist you must pay double the price of someone living in Africa and you must pay in US dollars, not any other currency.

I would be interested if someone can tell me if this is the case.

I wonder if you pay by overseas credit card do they automatically charge you US dollars.

This recently happened in a duty free store in Kuala Lumpur, the price was quoted in MYR but billed in Australian dollars because it was an Australian Credit card and at a very bad rate of exchange. I querried it but was told that is the way their system works.

Thanks

Janderra

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

I booked my flights last year on the Egyptair website, using Egypt as my home country - therefore the rate quoted is in Egyptian pounds. I am not Egyptian but the rates are lower for Egyptian citizens. Although some members have said to try both your home country and Egypt as your home country (select it on home page on the top right) as they got cheaper fares using their home country. I'm afraid the website does have some gremlins, no rhyme or reason at times and the fares fluctuate daily.

The rate appears on my credit card statement as Egyptian pounds and was converted to AUD by my bank. For four flights Cairo- Luxor / Aswan - Cairo / Cairo - Sharm and Sharm - Cairo I paid $267 AUD total or at that time 1205LE. I got an e-ticket and had no problems on any of the flights. Some members have had problems with the Egyptair site not accepting certain credit cards (mostly from the US) but I did not experience any problems with my Visa. Try different computers or cards if you experience any problems, good luck.

Edited: 09 November 2010, 08:51
Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

Hi

Thanks for the update. Does anyone know the approx. rate of exchange at the moment for Egptian Pound to the Australian Dollar as none of the online currency exchanges I use seem to have it listed as a currency

Thanks

Janderra

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

Janderra-I googled currency converter and when that page appeared on google I put in the inquiry. As of 11/08/10 it stated that 1 Australian dollar= 5.8379 Egyptian pounds. HTH.

So Nefertari-what you did was put in Egypt as country of residence on Egypt Air home page and got great deals. When you paid for them with your credit card the amount was converted from Egyptian pounds to AUD. That's a great deal/price for all those flights. My concern would be that you would not be allowed to board with the ticket if it somehow is designed different for Egyptian citizens as opposed to foreigners. Did you have to show your passport along with your ticket?? Did you have any problems boarding with your tickets since you're not an Egyptian citizen??

Maybe some Egyptian citizens will answer our questions???

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking flight from Cairo to Aswan

As I said, I had NO problems boarding with the e-ticket on any of the flights.

The e-ticket does not say anything that I can see about being Egyptian, just flight numbers/ times /ref no/payment method etc . This method has been used by hundreds of TA members with no problems, that is how I found out about it. I just showed my passport and e-ticket, no questions asked & no problems.

Janderra try http://www.xe.com/ucc/full/

Get answers to your questions about Aswan