We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson new winter flights to Aswan

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson new winter flights to Aswan

Don't know if anyone is aware of this but Thomson have announced flights from Gatwick to Aswan for winter 2010. Some good priced flights available

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,426 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson new winter flights to Aswan

KAZL - Phil got there first and announced this a while ago. I immediately booked tickets for myself and friend and am going on Dec 6th for £250, massive bargain. Single rooms at the Isis Island were from £140 for seven nights.

I do not have great expectations of the flight itself but it is some time since there were direct flights to Aswan - we did it with Astraeus once.

As flights to Luxor are reportedly going up a lot it could sometimes be worth doing this and getting the train or a car to Luxor if that is your preferred destination. The flight departures are Gatwick 10.00 and return ASwan 18.25 so you would have to spend at least one night in Aswan, what a shame.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson new winter flights to Aswan

Thanks Verity, not been on here for a while so wasn't aware of it being posted. Will get TA to take the other post down.

Wish they would do the flights from Manchester!

3. Re: Thomson new winter flights to Aswan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 06:16