We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aswan Botanical Gardens

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Aswan Botanical Gardens

If I was to give something a miss it would be here if you do have other things you are thinking of doing - it was cool and pleasant but would of rather seen something else we were there July 2011

Edited: 08 August 2011, 06:49
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,416 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

WEll, I agree. The gardens are pleasant enough but there are lots of more interesting things around Aswan.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

I, too agree. I have walked through them several times as part of an (included) excursion but certainly would not consider them worth the time, money and effort of an independent trip As Verity remarks, there are more interesting things to see in and around Aswan..

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

I'm rather surprised at the lack of enthusiams for what is an extremely pleaant diversion from the normal hectic and hot tour of the more ancient sites and High Dam. The whole island is beautiful and provides a cool and peaceful opportunity to recharge the batteries - also I consider that the Ferial Gardens at the far end of the corniche near the Cataract Hotel are too frequently overlooked - for 5EGP they are a bargain and provide some of the best views over the Nile in both directions.

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

I disagree, I saw my only Striated Heron from the botanical gardens. Very glad I went.

NE UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

It's some years since my last visit to the botanical gardens, but it is most certainly on my list for my visit this winter. I still have some lovely photo's I took, of plants, trees and birds, with wonderful views of the west bank from the island. My late husband, who was quite ill at the time, relaxed and enjoyed fishing from the felucca whilst I toured the island.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

Me and my wife went to the gardens one friday as part of our nile cruise tours in april. we loved the way we could walk without any real hassle from vendors and seeing egyption families enjoying themselves in the gardens was wonderful after the in you face reception we got throughout the week while visting temples. will go to the gardens again next time we go to egypt for certain.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

The Botanic Island is always on our list of "must do-s". We also enjoy the sunset from the Ferial gardens.

The peace and quiet, plus the cool air is really refreshing in August - we only missed it this year as we didn't get down to Aswan. I think that the gardens make a huge change from the rush to "tick off" the temples and museums.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

The garden around the Nubia Museum, though not on the same scale as the Botanical and Ferial gardens is kinda nice for it's view of the Muslim cemetary

9. Re: Aswan Botanical Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 18:18