We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nile cruise

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
nile cruise

Thinking of going on first ever Nile Cruise in a couple of weeks time.

What will the weather be like and will it be too cool to sit on deck at night? Would probably like to be able to do that and could travel

Jan/Feb/Mar next year.

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nile cruise

Jan and Feb can be quite cold in the evening. With a sweater or fleece you would be okay in the evening though.

March is very nice and the further south you go it gets warmer.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nile cruise

Thank you very much for that info. What do you think about going in a week or two time-weather wise-or would March be better?

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nile cruise

The further into the year you go then the hotter it gets. The further south you go the hotter it gets hence Aswan is warmer than Luxor.

March is a good month to travel in as you don't experience the baking heat of the summer months and the cooler evenings become warmer meaning you can sit out comfortably in the evenings being neither too hot nor a bit chilly.

I would certainly choose March over November to February.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nile cruise

For the last week or so the daytime temps have dropped to about 27/28c but it is becomeing chilly in the evenings. Sunset is about 5pm and the change of temperature is noticable, when we returned home at about 7 last night it was already down to 20c. Minimum temperature at dawn is about 14c. I would expect those temps to drop by 2or 3 degrees by next week.

I am writing this at about 9am and it is now just on 20c.

Hope this helps

Edward

East Grinstead...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nile cruise

The other consideration is that there are alot of last minute deals around at the moment so although the weather will be cooler in the evening its very likely you will get a cheaper holiday at the moment.

6. Re: nile cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2012, 15:22
Miami
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nile cruise

Is it to rush to take a 11 month baby to the Nile rive cruise?

Miami
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: nile cruise

Is the Nile rive cruise in November too much for a 11 month baby?

Has any of you make the cruise with a little one??.?

Please let me know

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nile cruise

Hi. Check with the tour operator - a lot of boats have age limits for children for obvious safety reasons. A child would easily have crawled through the railings on our sun deck. We did the cruise in July 2011 with an 8 year old and she was absolutely wiped out by the end of it - admittedly it would have been much hotter than in November, see a nileadventure.eu. If you do go, you would want to do all the excursions and there is a lot of getting up very early, walking around, getting on coaches and various different boats, sitting through presentations at the perfume factory or alabaster factory, walking around the monuments listening to the guide, etc. You also spend a lot of afternoons on board just cruising. I guess at 11 months, your child is not walking so would be need to be carried. A pushchair would be difficult to push around some of the places. Bear in mind the food, too. Our onboard menu was fantastic for adults. Our children did manage to find things they would eat but I am not sure the menu was suitable for such a young child. Meals were at set times and usually silver service affairs (no snacks available in between). I don't want to put you off - it is the most wonderful thing to do. If you can cope with the practicalties and take baby food with you then - have a great time and promise yourselves a return trip when the children can look after themselves!

Miami
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: nile cruise

Thank you so much for your reply, I really want to go, but I'm a little concer for my little one!!!