We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Topic
Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

My partner and I are planning to take a cruise package from Aswan heading to Luxor. The starting date is Dec 26th, and we wanna stay like four nights and fives days. We are both students and do not expect a luxury experience but a one with good quality and fair price! On the website, too much information is there. Please help if you have some advice. Thx:))))

Mentioned in this post
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

Not much choice. Just returned from 11 days in Luxor. Only saw two boats going out in that time. May be more going from by the bridge. Best to contact a local Luxor travel agent who will know what boats are operational.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

Hi XIXI04,

Due to the lack of tourists, the number of Nile cruises running is quite low. Recent visitors have all reported seeing very few cruises.

The UK and several other countries have recently lifted their travel warning to Luxor, Aswan and even Cairo, so the cruises will come back slowly.

Not sure what website you are referring to (that has too much information) but it's probably best to book direct with an Egyptian company as they will be aware of which cruises are actually running.

If I were you I would NOT book lower than a 5* cruise, the standards in Egypt are not the same as other places.

Try asking this on the Luxor forum as many more people review cruises on that forum.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Level Contributor
463 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

Unfortunately, you will not have many options since not all the cruise will be sailing so you should check the cruises which are guaranteed to sail

San Diego...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

I am also interested in doing a cruise when I go in March but have no clue what is still operating and even where to start looking. If you find anything, can you post on this thread? Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

We were dealing with Memphis Tours for our (potential) Lake Nasser Cruise. Their online chat is very efficient and if you ask what is running they will tell you what matches your dates.

Unfortunately the Lake Cruise dates we needed didn't have a match, but they were very straightforward to deal with at distance, and their web site is quite comprehensive.

http://www.memphistours.com/

Christmas should be OK as we had several options for Xmas - New Year week both on the Lake and on the Nile, but it was too late for us as we are flying back on the 26th Dec.

6. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:35
7. Re: Which cruise should I choose from Aswan to Luxor??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Aswan