We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aswan x Abu Simbel

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Aswan x Abu Simbel

Hi! How do I go from Aswan to Abu Simbel?

Thank you.

1. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 00:52
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

Mrs eLaReF correcting my post above!

=================================

By road in one of two daily convoys.

Taxi - Hired Car - Coach - Local mini-bus

The normal tourist methods are any of the first 3 modes of transport, the local mini-bus being reserved for those with a sense of adventure. The larger coaches are usually hired by companies from cruise boats and are full from that source.

I can't remember the convoy times, but they leave fairly early and give you a couple of hours at the temples, before leaving to return.

The convoys can resemble 'Wacky Races' so that the term convoy becomes a mis-nomer since you may be in the only vehicle in sight as the fast ones vanish off into the distance.

Other option is flying, but due to low tourist numbers, flight cancellations have been common.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

Hi. Departing from Luxor to Aswan instead, have an easier way?

Thank you.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

I took the plane a few years ago and it went really smoothly

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

I believe the convoy times are 4am and 11am but would appreciate hearing if anyone knows differently.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

Hello,

I have heard that going by plane takes about 30 minutes. I am going to Abu Simbel from Aswan by bus next week, and I have heard that it takes 5 hours more or less to get there, and that it is beautiful to see the sunrise from the desert.

I would like to ask anyone that has recently been there how safe is it to go by bus, because with the recent governments recommendations I am a bit concerned about doing such a long trip through the desert and I dont know if I should try to change the trip and do it by plane.

thank you!!

7. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 12:35
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

The 'un-safe' aspect is most likely to be from Egyptian driving and maintenance standards rather than any form of terrorism or civil un-rest.

As I said above - 'Wacky Races' springs to mind

9. Re: Aswan x Abu Simbel

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:16