We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nefertari's tomb

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nefertari's tomb

Hello,

I've read articles that Nefertari's tomb is now open to a limited amount of visitors. Our group is going for 4 days in June.

I'm concerned that given the limited time we are in Luxor, and the number of visitors to the VoQ that it may book out.

I've looked around but cant find any places to book ahead. Is there a way to secure entry tickets in advance? How is entrance handled to this tomb?

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,558 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nefertari's tomb

I don't believe you can book tickets in advance but tourist numbers are low and I think it's highly unlikely (especially in June when it can be excruciatingly hot) that you will find it sold out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nefertari's tomb

When I visited last month, my guide said that Nefertari had sold out only once in the months since it opened.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,977 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nefertari's tomb

You should be able to get a ticket. I'm 99% sure. Will ask at the ticket office today if they forsee any problem.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nefertari's tomb

Don't worry about the tickets... Nefertari tomb is opened for 150 people daily. Tourists are less too in Summer.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,977 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nefertari's tomb

When I asked today they said the same, so no worries.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nefertari's tomb

I was there twice, and I was told that roughly 5 to 12 people visit it every day, and none in some days.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nefertari's tomb

I was there twice, and I was told that roughly 5 to 12 people visit it every day, and none in some days.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,562 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nefertari's tomb

KAZL2000

For the forum - how is access to Nefertari's tomb?

i.e. for those with restricted mobility, how easy or otherwise is it?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nefertari's tomb

I was there a month ago and get my ticket at the entrance of VOQ. The time I was at VOQ there where several people and also some (small) groups who visited Nefertari's tomb. It was more that I expected but still not busy.

If there is a group in the tomb you have to wait till they are out before you can enter so it's not crowded at all inside and you can admire the beautiful paintings well.

My ticket had number 1883 so in the 2 months it was open it has an average number of visitors at about 31 person a day.

They told me that official it is allowed to stay 10 minutes in the tomb but they let me stay there for 20 minutes.

It was absolutely stunning, the most beautiful tomb I have ever seen. I stood there with tears in my eyes.

So worth the money.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nefertari's tomb

I can't wait to see it next month.