We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor/aswan

Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor/aswan

Any hotel recommendations in luxor and aswan for 6ppl with ?

9 replies to this topic
Cairo Governorate...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor/aswan

In luxor ( Winter Palace )

In Aswan ( Cataract Island )

There you will have too much fun and memorable time ( according to my view and my friend's feed back )

Edited: 18 January 2018, 22:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor/aswan

The Winter Palace is an excellent hotel but it’s expensive. So is, the Old Cataract. Since you don’t give any idea of your budget (if any), it’s hard to make other recommendations

Edited: 19 January 2018, 01:15
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor/aswan

In Aswan the Old Cataract, Movenpick and Isis Island are all nice at different price points.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor/aswan

The Winter Palace Pavillon is not expensive, I've just booked it for four nights and it was very reasonable.

It's worth joining the Accor loyalty scheme, as there is always 10% off the normal price. I'm not finding it any cheaper though during the Private Sale!

As for the Old Cataract, well I've booked that too and I can only say thank goodness for the 10% discount!

Turenki, Finland
Level Contributor
317 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor/aswan

If you want to be spoiled for life on hotels.

Then you can't go wrong with Winter Palace, Pavillion, OK, no history with it, but you do have use of the main hotel, the staff are second to none, always willing and polite. Gardens are fantastic, excellent pool and facilities.

Aswan, then again, the Old Cataract, They have the equivalent to the WP Pavillion, rooms have an excellent view, same rules apply as WP Use the main hotel as well.

Probably the best location for a hotel in Egypt, 5 minutes from the Nubian museum.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor/aswan

As much as I love the Old Cataract Hotel, I have to disagree. In my opinion, the Mena House Hotel has the best location in Egypt because it's a short walk outside to the Giza Plateau!

Central Florida...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor/aswan

Old Cataract

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxor/aswan

View at the Mena House https:/… although that particular pool has been moved

The Old Cataract https:/…

The Winter Palace https:/…

The Pavillon, in the WP's grounds, shares most of the facilities and is a much lower cost option

Those are the three hotels I use when visiting Egypt - Not the cheapest if the budget is tight, but..........

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxor/aswan

Me too! I wouldn't stay anywhere else now ( other than the New Memnon on the West Bank!)

Reply to: Luxor/aswan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luxor