We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour company's on west bank

vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Tour company's on west bank

We will be in Luxor in 2 weeks staying on the west bank. Are there any tour company's on the west bank or will I have to go over into Luxor city?

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,113 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Tour company's on west bank

The majority are certainly on the east bank but, even if there’s none to speak of on the west bank, your hotel can arrange for just about any tour you want. The problem is that they will probably cost more than dealing directly. In any case, if you’re staying on west bank, why not just hire a taxi for the day or half-day? Aren’t you planning on visiting the east bank anyway?

Edited: 22 January 2018, 16:24
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,166 posts
277 reviews
2. Re: Tour company's on west bank

Find myself agreeing with bbeckett too often these days!

I doubt there is any hotel on the West Bank, that doesn't have a tame guide/car/taxi on tap.

But, I would look at the reviews under the 'Things to do' link at the top of this and every page, then 'Tours' near top left of the new page.

Send identical emails to more than a few of the companies listed with YOUR requirements and see what you get back, only continuing with those that respond to what you want & not those who want to give you THEIR standard tours.

But this GE shot will show you how small an area most things are within https:/…

vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Tour company's on west bank

Thanks for the reply. We are definitely planning on visiting east bank but thought I could shorten my search time. We are staying at an airbnb and although the host has offered to arrange tours I feel it is a bit pricey. 75 euros per person for the balloon and another 85 euros total (2 people) for the rest of the day on the west bank visiting what seems like the basics. We are in Luxor for 5 days and we would like to take our time and enjoy the sites/tombs (getting a luxorpass) but would like to know a bit about what we are seeing by having a guide for some of it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,113 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Tour company's on west bank

That definitely sounds on the expensive side.

Edited: 22 January 2018, 17:45
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,166 posts
277 reviews
5. Re: Tour company's on west bank

Guides main use is as their title states - Guide - They get you around.

They can't/don't go into the tombs for instance, but brief you a bit on the surface before you go in! Yes, they will talk non-stop about cartouches etc. if you visit a Temple.

As to the balloon flight - 1000LE or around 50 Euros is probably a fair price at the moment, but because of Asian Tour Groups keeping them very busy, there is no need for them to discount prices.

Not sure where you are on the West Bank, but a 1/2 day taxi hire (or if you are really brave/mad or just enjoy life, a tuk-tuk) maybe, once you have done the first day with a guide and got your bearings, should be all you need.

The local Ferry across to the East Bank (1LE each way per person) arrives almost at Luxor Temple, but unfortunately, the only entrance now is at the other side from you then. White line shows the Ferry Route https:/… - It's another adventure the first time!

Edited: 22 January 2018, 18:40
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Tour company's on west bank

I'm sure you'll find that everyone on the west bank is a tour operator!

Reply to: Tour company's on west bank
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted