We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February and what to wear

Sandwich, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February and what to wear

Hi visiting Luxor for 10 days mid Feb. I'm quite happy about day time temps, hopefully some sunbathing with sight seeing but not sure about evenings and what to wear! I would imagine we'll be out for dinner around 8ish back to hotel 10ish, will we need heavy trousers like jeans and jumpers or will it be warm enough for light linen trousers, and tee shirts. Nothing worse than being cold or too hot. TIA.

1 reply
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,999 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February and what to wear

Unfortunately, like the rest of the world's climate these days, it's too erratic to say!

There was a cold wind off the desert 2 yrs ago when we stayed in Feb. The Pool was OK & sunbathing was almost OK. But you had to get from the pool to your sun-bed in the breeze. It was very cold!! (I used very since TA does not allow stronger language)

In Medina St, there was a new stall with crowds round it. I joined in. When I got to the front - he was selling scarves!

Best to be prepared and not use them, than need to go around Luxor trying to buy warmer clothes if you do need them.

Reply to: Weather in February and what to wear
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted