We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Hi Guys,

I have just read this on the Sharm forum and apparently due to Ramadan the clocks have gone back early (on the 6th September).

There is some debate on the forum about flight times changng.

Now common sense tells me that if the clocks have gone back 1 hour in Egypt then we will arrive one hour earlier. The same goes for departure, we take off one hour earlier. No difference to departure/arrival time or flight length, just local times.

I have phoned XL and they have told me they are not aware of the clocks going back???? Useless to be honest.

However, looking at the Gatwick website it indicates the clocks have gone forward.

ie: Ticket states arrival at 1955 and Gatwick website states 2055.

We fly on Monday and are a little worried.

Can anyone clarify the situation for me

Thanks

Sarah

xx

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Sarah wish I could help but that thread on it threw me too. I gave up in the end.

The clocks went back by 1hour is definitely right. They are 2 hours ahead of us according to www.luxortraveltips.com

Hopefully someone on here can help.

epworth
Level Contributor
263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Hi

The clocks in the UK go back one hour on 28th October.

epworth
Level Contributor
263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

I think then that Egypt must be now only 1 hour ahead of UK... then when our clocks go back in October they will 2 hours ahead.....mmmm bit confusing

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

I give up!!! I have been on about 5 different websites and none of them agree with what time it is in Egypt.

Sarah might be best to pm Iberis who lives in Luxor she might be able to help.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Ok, a little more research, frantic phones etc etc.

Definately gone back 1 hour

Luxor Travel tips is incorrect with regards to time difference. The clocks were due to go back on the 28th September but went back early due to Ramadan.

So there is now only 1 hour time difference.

My tickets it seems are correct and the Gatwick website is incorrect.

What a panic.

SArah

xx

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

lol sarah....all's well that ends well ;-)

England
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

A bit late to be of any help, but in case it happens again, I find www.timeanddate.com good for finding the actual time anywhere in the world. The direct link for Egypt is

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=53

I have just had a look and see that they have it right for Egypt, allowing for the normal change being brought forward by three weeks.

Incidentally, I see Luxortraveltips have got it right now as well, albeit a bit late. Perhaps news about the change from the normal pattern was not made well known by the powers that be in Egypt?

Anglesey
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Hi

just to let you know luxor is ONE hour ahead of the UK at the moment, all flight tickets are based on local time in each country. if you have any worrys, just check at the information desk when you get there ( ask for a print out of flight times that way you cover your back).

Hope this helps a little.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
97 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

Yes, the clocks in Egypt were set back an hour a week or so ago.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PLEASE HELP Clocks back or forward???

i booked a flight with egyptair for a day trip to cairo on 26th aug(before clocks went back)for 27th october when clocks have now changed.does anyone know wether this will affect our time?we have e tickets says flight departs from luxor to cairo 08.40