We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I havent got a clue what to wear!

England
Level Contributor
297 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
I havent got a clue what to wear!

Please help! I am going on a nile cruise in December.

Thinking of taking summer clothes with a couple of jumpers/fleeces, is that ok for weather?

Also how modestly should you dress?

Will it been warm enough to take a dip in the pool?

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

That sounds fine. It will be 20-25 during the day, but can get cool at night in December so you'll definitely need a jumper or jacket.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,411 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

People have already answered your earlier query about weather. About the clothes, in town you should wear LOOSE clothes covering arms, legs and chest. Oh, and comfortable shoes. On the boat wear what you like (within reason).

England
Level Contributor
297 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

Thanks for that. My original post vanished for awhile!? Thats why I asked the question again.

Thanks for all the replies.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

yes like previous wear what you want on the boat. on land anything your comfy in. i myself did wear vest etc and did not have my arms covered, but found as a blonde woman you really do get stared at, so cover up the chest area is a good idea, some do some dont i felt comfy covered.

London, England
Level Contributor
128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

The weather should be warm enough. trouble was the pool on our ship was freeeeeeeeeezzzzing !!!!

Suggest a jumper or fleece for the evenings or early mornings. On the boat dress code is pretty relaxed but a common sense attitude is best when walking around.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

totally agree with last trip advisor, may i add its only cold on the top deck of boat nice and warm in the inside bar.

liverpool
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

hiya, i went in the middle of summer (july!) and was 5 months pregnant so was already boiling! dress modest when out and about but i found i was just too hot so just tried to cover up as much as poss. as a blonde women (agreeing with prev post) - even with a bump!- you do get stared at anyway but i could handle it (partner couldnt!)! wish we had gone around now instead as was far too hot !! hope you have a great time, i really miss it (although it took us a couple of days to get used to the hassle which did spoil it a little bit but soon got used to it!) x

8. Re: I havent got a clue what to wear!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 16:19